Dario Doshin Girolami
is the Abbot of Centro Zen L'Arco - Zenmon Ji. He received Dharma Transmission from
Eijun Linda Cutts,
abiding abbess of Green Gulch - San Francisco Zen
He started to practice in 1986 and was ordained as a Zen monk by
Zenkei Blanche Hartmann
at the San Francisco Zen Center founded by
Shunryu Suzuki Roshi.
Hosshinji-City Center and
Soryu-ji-Green Gulch monasteries in the process of becoming a Zen monk
Prior to entering the Zen path in San Fransisco he received a
Laurea degree in Indian and Eastern Religions and Philosophy under the
instruction of Professor Corrado Pensa at Sapienza University in Rome
and studied under the guidance of Zen masters including
Tenshin Roshi - Reb Anderson,
Thich Nhat Hanh
and Maezumi Roshi.
He also received the Avalokiteshvara initiation from
His Holiness the Dalai Lama.
Former adjunct Professor of "Zen" at the John Cabot University of Rome, he holds
regular seminar at the faculty of Psychology of Sapienza University, and leads
regular meditation courses at the Rebibbia Prison of Rome.
He wrote the book: Lo Zen Soto e I koan - La Via della Presenza di Spirito.
- Member of the Soto Zen Buddhism - Europe Office SOTOZEN
- Member of Soto Zen Buddhist Association SZBA
- Member of American Zen Teacher Association AZTA
- Member of Buddhist Teachers in Europe BTE
- Member of Zen Buddhist Sewing Teacher ZBST
- Founding Member of the international Association Consciousness Mindfulness and Compassion CMC
- Coordinator of European Buddhist Union Chaplaincy Network EBU
- Co-president of Religions for Peace Italy RfP